Refractions Research provides support for enterprises developing applications based on uDig and GeoTools. Our staff have years of experience with practical issues in uDig development, the GeoTools library and community, and the Eclipse RCP environment:
- Bundling uDig within an existing RCP application (uDig as plugin)
- Bundling new functionality within uDig (uDig as framework)
- Geotools datastores (adding new formats and databases)
- Rendering pipelines (adding custom behavior to the uDig map)
- SWT widgets (forms, views, tables and editors in Eclipse)
|Enterprise Support||$5000||1 Year||Preferential access to our team during business hours, expertise and trouble-shooting, contact us for more information.|
UN FAO needed a data collection tool that could run disconnected and didn't have a per-seat licensing cost. Refractions delivered a simple tool using the uDig desktop platform.
The SMART partnership supports improved law enforcement and biological monitoring in protected areas around the world. They came to Refractions to build a software tool to help meet their needs.
The British Columbia Ministry of Forests needed a tool to conflate multiple roads databases into a single working layer. Refractions delivered the algorithms and a user interface based on the uDig platform.
Open Source Company
Refractions Research sponsors and develops uDig as an open source project in collaboration with developers from around the world. Visit the uDig open source community site at udig.refractions.net.