Refractions is a full-service information technology consultancy. Our staff includes project managers, business analysts, systems architects, database analysts, and software developers. We deliver solutions to organizations with exacting standards for delivery and documentation – we deliver large projects to large organizations, and we do it right.
- Geospatial Software Development
- Data Conversion and Cleaning
- Web Mapping and Online Spatial Systems
- Geocoding and Address Management Expertise
Refractions builds enterprise geospatial systems for government, using
industry standard land management tools and processes:
- Business analysis and data modeling for ArcSDE and Oracle Spatial applications.
- Development of J2EE web applications, including mapping components based on the Internet Mapping Framework (IMF).
- Conflation of spatial data sets and management of the complete conflation process: documenting rule sets, data preparation, conflation operations and quality control.
- Integration of operational and analytical data with mass-market tools like Google Maps, Google Earth and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
Refractions adds spatial smarts to your data, and builds applications that
don't hurt the bottom line.
- 100% open source architectures, that can be scaled up to mass-market
applications without incurring punishing licensing fees.
- Geospatial data discovery and OLAP systems for real analysis of trends and history.
- Custom application development, using Java and open source tools to build new functionality suitable for integration into proprietary software and re-sale.