Oct 1, 2017
Sept 1, 2017
July 1, 2017
Sept 26, 2016
Apr 20, 2016
Mar 22, 2016
Initial Release of PostGIS
Refractions Research is pleased to announce the inital release of PostGIS, a set of 3-D geographic object types for the PostgreSQL 7.1.x database server.
PostGIS includes the following functionality:
- Simple Features as defined by the OpenGIS Consortium (OGC)
- Polygon (with holes)
- The text representation of the simple features is the OGC Well-Known Text format.
- Geometries can be indexed using either R-Tree (not recommended) or GiST (recommended).
- Simple geospatial analysis functions.
- PostgreSQL JDBC extension objects corresponding to the geometries.
For more information about PostGIS, visit the project web site at http://postgis.refractions.net.