Aug 27, 2022
July 23, 2022
Feb 12, 2022
Nov 29th, 2021
Sept 9, 2021
SMART 6.3 and SMART Mobile Released
June 6, 2020
Initial Release of PostGIS
Refractions Research is pleased to announce the inital release of PostGIS, a set of 3-D geographic object types for the PostgreSQL 7.1.x database server.
PostGIS includes the following functionality:
- Simple Features as defined by the OpenGIS Consortium (OGC)
- Polygon (with holes)
- The text representation of the simple features is the OGC Well-Known Text format.
- Geometries can be indexed using either R-Tree (not recommended) or GiST (recommended).
- Simple geospatial analysis functions.
- PostgreSQL JDBC extension objects corresponding to the geometries.
PostGIS is an open-source project released under the GNU General Public Licence.
For more information about PostGIS, visit the project web site at http://postgis.refractions.net.